LSPR_MTU
whzzzzzzzzz-bam!

Bikes: Trek 1000, Schwinn Frontier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
Horsepucky. Everything isn't always black heliocopters and political conspiracies. Is NYC cracking down on cyclists...probably. Were these cops staking out that particular light waiting to bust one? Doubtful. Most likely they wer driving along on their regular patrol, sipping coffee and eating a donut when some nimrod runs a light right there in front of them.

One thing nobody has picked up on...

Based on the above, the cop was coming from the cross street to the right, since he had to make a right to chase our little buddy down, who also claims he was just creeping forward and didn't notice a cop car to his right only 100 feet away? Wow, Mr. Safe and Observant is lucky it was a cop and not another nimrod speeding through to blow the light himself, or it would have been splat city.

I also love his claims that 'I'm not bragging', yet he chooses this as the title for this thread:
"Ran from the law TWICE and avoided 2 tickets (New York)"
Yeah right, he's not bragging, the fact that TWICE is all caps was just a typo.

Frankly, I think the whole OP's story is BS - it never happened.
That's also an excellent point, I'm suprised I didn't pick up on that.

For all the people complaining about the righteousness of the replies: the majority of the replies are not attacking the poster because he ran a red light, but because he ran from the cops, teased the cops, and then bragged about it. It's no secret that a very high number of criminals are apprehended because they brag about their crime to anyone who'll listen.

I also agree that had you pulled over right away, maybe he would've simply let you go with a warning. After a block of "not hearing" the police siren, it's not suprising he didn't take an imediate liking to you.

I'll freely admit that I don't live in NYC, or even a big city for that matter, so I can't comment on the cops around there. I do know a few police officers, however, and they all seem very level-headed and reasonable to me. Personally, I can't stand big cities. I think they are a breeding ground for crappy personalities. My theory is that being around that many people 24/7 eventually just drains your compassion, and you learn to live for yourself - noone else.

You could not pay me enough to live in NYC, or Detroit, or Chicago, or any other big city.

Last edited by LSPR_MTU; 11-16-05 at 01:20 PM.