View Single Post
Old 09-06-15, 03:37 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
What in the heck was he talkin' about?

So I'm putting my 50 miles in this morning, when I come up on two guys on the greenway. One, a fit looking roadie, and the other a rather heavyset fella, I assumed his friend after hearing them talking. I slow from about 20 MPH to 13 mph and follow behind for a couple of hundred yards, mainly because it's busy with other people coming from the opposite direction. The guys are discussing where they are going next, and so forth, and don't appear to be in a hurry. When the traffic clears, I take off around them and take a right about 50 yards later, leading up a steep hill to cross the pedestrian bridge. I had assumed both fellas were gonna keep going straight, so I was kinda surprised to look in my rearview about halfway up the climb to see the rather fit roadie, by himself, about 2 or 3 bike lengths behind me. We get to the top and I pull off to the side to check out the view (oftentimes I stop to take pics, as I shoot nature photography), when he comes by me and rather sarcastically says "thanks for letting me borrow your tire." I say "no problem" while thinking what the hell did that mean?! So after checking out the sights, I head across the bridge, down the other side and up another hill. At the top, I catch up to the guy who is now turning around and heading back the other way. I say "not quite sure what you meant by that comment." He just gives me a quick look, says nothing, and peddles on.

What in the heck could he have been talking about?!?

Last edited by one4smoke; 09-06-15 at 03:40 PM.