View Single Post
Old 09-07-15, 09:23 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,780 Times in 902 Posts
Spent the better part of Labor Day weekend at the Thomas Point Beach bluegrass festival, in Brunswick, Maine.

Took the LHT along. Played hooky on Friday, and rode E through Brunswick, West Bath, and Bath, 26 miles with 2539' of climbing.

Clamming at low tide, Thomas Point Beach (one man's beach is another man's mud flat).

Lots of little curlicues in Maine's fractal coastline, makes for some interesting routes.

An old burying ground, Adams Road, Brunswick.

An airshow was in progress the whole time I was in the area, and various airplanes and their contrails turned up during the ride, sometimes with dramatic effect. Lots of folks were looking up.

The thing about air shows is that they have a tendency to follow you around, loudly, for miles. Every now and then I'd stop to gawk and try to take a picture, like this charmingly anachronistic formation of a P-51 and an F-22 (if the P-51 shoots down the F-22, I want my $273,000,000 dollars back).

Followed back roads in West Bath, lots of hills and some wise old barns, one uniquely decorated (those fenders look like they provide great coverage).

The donkey is skeptical of the intentions of bearded men on bicycles.

To be continued...

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 09-10-15 at 03:50 PM.