Old 09-08-15, 12:15 PM
Corbin Gross

Bikes: Novara Arkham, & buncha old crap I hope to replace soon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everybody.

Still shopping around. I think if I wind up buying new, I'm going for the GT Grade right now. It'll be several months before I save up to buy, new or used, anyway, but I really like the price and especially the looks of the GT. It's a little different than a lot of the others, and isn't covered in advertising. Some of those higher end bikes are so branded I feel like I should be getting a check every month to ride them.

And great info about the older Roubaix bikes. There're tons of them used around here. Probably 10 for every 1 of any other endurance bike. If I wind up going that route, I'll try to ride several of them and see what kind of ride I like best. Really though, anything will be an improvement over the 20 year old Raleigh MTB I drug out of the garage.

And thanks for the parenting tip, I can certainly use the help. I've already gotten the kids out a bit, with mostly positive results. My oldest has some delays, but not so much that he needs an adaptive type bike. We got him a recumbent trike that he really enjoys, but it's a single speed with the pedals hooked right to the front wheel. It's fun, but he gets frustrated with the speed (very slow), and if he ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I'm hoping to get him on a regular bike or get him a better trike for next year.

Kevin? What the heck are you talking about?