Old 09-08-15, 02:32 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
I ride the SART regularly-- it's northern starting point is about 8 miles from my house. So the "don't ride MUPs" thing is just trite nonsense. That's why the damn trail is there, to ride on it. And yeah, from day to any other given day I will experience any mix of encounters, from virtually no riders at all, to the locust-like cloud of joggers, to the four-wide 12mph club. I'm on the trail, I'm ready for any of it. Still better than working. But then there's the matched-kit tryhard jackholes calling "ON YOUR LEFT!" so they can paceline by at 0.5mph faster than my solo pace, only to peter out 1-2 miles down the way, where I will overtake them again, and we'll go back and forth for 20 minutes. It's a constant battle between their legs and their bravado. Or better-- and my personal SART favorite, the guy who will absolutely not let anyone pass him. I love that guy. Get a little closer, he paces up. Closer again, paces up again. Next thing, we're doing 23-24mph for a couple of miles, until one of us lungs out-- and I think I'm rolling about 50/50 on that one.

But more directly to the topic, I don't call out anything to anyone. No on your lefts, no cars up, nada. Take care of yourself. SART slowpokes get the bell if they're on the centerline, otherwise they get nothing at all.