View Single Post
Old 09-11-15, 09:43 AM
corrado33

Bikes: 199? Landshark Roadshark, 198? Mondonico Diamond, 1987 Panasonic DX-5000, 1987 Bianchi Limited, Univega... Chrome..., 1989 Schwinn Woodlands, Motobecane USA Record, Raleigh Tokul 2

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habilis
I strongly disagree. The convenience ends when there is no solution to a problem other than mechanical know-how. Please see Post #67 . During the great meltdown of 2007-10, there were already "apps" for lots of things, but none that could fix a broken pipe or a faulty outlet. There are no push-button solutions for such things. There were internet videos explaining mechanical repairs, yet thousands lost their homes because they were literally afraid to tackle (and make a mess of) a home repair. Instead, they hired expensive and/or incompetent contractors and often sank into foreclosure. I've seen the properties.
Apologies, I don't actually think the way you were responding to. I think that's the way young kids think. I surely don't think that way! I love fixing my own stuff and knowing how to take care of it.