View Single Post
Old 09-11-15, 02:48 PM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I have quit using Continental tires because they almost always run much narrower than spec'd. I used to run Conti GP 4000s with no problems and their width was as specified, but the sidewalls tended to "unthread." I used Conti GP 4 Seasons for commuting and light touring for quite a while with no problems, but they measured about 2 mm narrower than they were supposed to. They became so expensive that I quit considering them, and I also wanted a wider tire for commuting and touring. I also ran some 25 mm Gatorskins for a while, but they had an uncomfortable ride. They were extremely hard to mount, and I broke some tire tools trying to install them.

I have had much better experiences with other brands of tires for commuting and touring, including Panaracer Pasela PT 32s, Vittoria Voyager Hyper 32s and Clement LAS 33s. These other brands of tires all ran as wider or wider than specified.