Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by GovernorSilver
I ride with a local casual cyclists group (non-racers). They organize rides into 4 levels. Copy-and-paste from their Meetup page - it should be obvious that these "rider levels" are not universal and every group/organization is going to have its own standards:

Ride Level Chart:

A note about our ride levels. We try to accommodate all levels of cyclists with different types of rides. We just ask that you come to the ride that suits your current riding ability the best.

Introductory Level : If you haven't ridden a bike in a number of years (or are uncertain of your abilities on a bicycle).

Beginner Level : If you can easily ride your bike for 10 miles (distance) with some minor hills at a comfortable pace (10+ to 12+ mph).

Medium Level : If you can do 20 miles pretty easily at a moderate pace (13 to 15+ mph).

Advanced Level : If you can do 20++ miles easily at a 15+ pace and / or handle various challenges as rain, night riding, or other odd cycling situations.

I wouldn't be riding with that club!! A "definition" like that on a website would turn me right off. So maybe it's a good idea for clubs to post stuff like that ... so that people like me would know right away which clubs to avoid like the plague.