View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 06:19 PM
MeadMan2

Bikes: Mead Ranger '24- Armstrong 3sp '64 Follis 172 '74 Centurian Accordo 80's Mercian '85 Mark Zeh road '86 Kona Explosif '93 Merkx Ti AX '97 Santana Arriva tandem '99 Bike Friday tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Seizedpost
I have an Orbea Marmaloda for trying to "hang with the carbon crowd," though it's broken right now (a long story that inspired my username) and this is my only bike for a few more weeks. They were cool about it, either they didn't try to drop me or they couldn't. I'm pretty sure it's the former. And I would love to have an old steel road bike, though it's hard to justify it when I have the Orbea. Someday.
I don't want to dump a ton of money into fixing what isn't broken, especially since I'm really enjoying this bike as it is. Maybe I'll shop around for a used 52/36 or some triple.
I know it's not really period correct (plus, there's nothing wrong with my crank- I'd be happy to just put new rings on it), but for $35 this is tempting:
http://www.bikewagon.com/fsa-tempo-t...FVOQHwod6IUGcg
Generally on mtn bikes the chain stays kicked out to clear the tire so there may not be clearance for a 52 tooth chainwheel.