scozim 
Ellensburg, WA

Bikes: See my signature

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked 490 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
All true. One word was "f**K", yelled REALLY LOUDLY as I suddenly hit a large section of rocky trail at the bottom of the big descent of the day. The rocks were completely hidden by a bunch of weeds/grass growing all through them - to this day I have absolutely no idea how I didn't crash and burn that day

Later on that day I almost washed the front end out two or three times going into the corners on the descent. I'd say it took me about half the day to figure out what kind of gearing I needed at any given moment - the funniest bit was probably right at the start of the day, watching me trying to climb out of the saddle in the lowermost gears and spinning the rear wheel helplessly. That was quite the day full of new learning experiences!

I stole a couple pics from Scott's FB page:

DD
But, I also issued a warning at the top of the hill "at the bottom there's a section of shale rock, get up off the saddle and let the bike bounce through it". Problem is you're going way too fast if you don't know it's there - thus the pucker factor.

Probably didn't help that I had a little extra air in the tires for him. Makes for "fun" on gravel corners on a descent