Old 09-17-15, 01:02 PM
Fly2High

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Secteur Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by therhodeo
Sadly I ride the trainer in my garage and this still has me concerned. Anything below 50 and I'm frozen. Super cold mornings make the garage surprisingly, super cold.
That's why I now have a space heater with a timer. I was going to the garage at about 5- 5:30 AM to start so I would have the oil filled heater turn on at about 4:30 - 4:45 AM and off 15 before My session ended. The oil stays hot longer and I like it to cool some before I leave the garage.

As for being cold, I am still 15 lbs overweight but have always been warm. I like things cold. I might put on a windbreaker when the temps are in the 60's but would still be in short sleeves and shorts. I do have one short sleeve jersey whose material is heavier than the typical short sleeve jersey and that is perfect for days starting in the mid to upper 50's but not going over 70. Long sleeves come in when the temps hit the 50's but I tend to wear leg warmers. Tights are only for 40's and below. At this point, I also add a good softshell jacket instead of the windbreaker.

But that is me.