Old 09-23-15, 12:19 PM
Pemetic2006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeeze
Thanks. It looks like it's way out in the middle of nowhere, doesn't it? I live on the southern edge of the Denver metro area, down there in the sea of rooftops. Here's another picture, without having moved the bike, which shows I'm not really three day's ride from civilization as it looks like in the first picture.

I'm very lucky and grateful to live here, where there's a big city nearby but also miles of gravel trails to ride. A good part of my commute to work is on gravel, too, which is why this bike is my main steed and my road bike doesn't get out much. Why be limited to pavement? This MTB will handle any terrain and is fast (enough) on pavement, too. When it had straight bars, I could never get comfortable, but now I feel like I can ride all day and not keep wishing for a different hand position.

There's a gravel trail that runs right behind my house and from there I can go just about anywhere by bicycle. On days off, I often head south with no particular destination in mind and just have fun...and try to steer around the horse droppings on some trails as shown below.

I hope I don't sound boastful here, but it's just that I love where I live. My wife and I quit our jobs and sold our house back east and moved out here ten years ago. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

My wife and I were in Boulder last August and hung out a a little in Golden but didn't really get to explore much of the metro are. Some day. Just a few weeks ago I was in Boulder again; hiking and running in the Flat Irons, hiking at RMNP, and drinking lots of great local beers. Good times.