Old 09-25-15, 01:02 PM
dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DieterDrake
To say that "racing" should be set aside as some charitable endeavor is ludicrous. It's already that in many respects, from my perspective anyway;
Exactly, it is already that in many respects. You are trying to carve a swath of profitability in a sport that does not really garner profits for anyone involved outside of the industry. Teams mostly operate on charity, asking for volunteers is relying on people's charity, even officiating is close to charity. Now do I feel that by it's nature it needs to be charity? Nope, but I feel that expecting to make the profit you WANT to make is unreasonable.

Originally Posted by DieterDrake
We pay everyone, by the way, in one fashion or another.
But the question is if they make a decent profit? I know USAC has mandatory pay attached to their officials, and I know that volunteers get swag. You have stated that you are in this to turn a profit, all well and good but then you expect everyone to just shut up, play nice, pay you and not speak up when they feel that the service is not on par with the cost?

What I really don't understand out of all of this is that you charge more, deliver less (In my opinion atleast) get a relatively high turnout rate for all of your events and then you end up complaining that people complain. From the rough numbers you have to be making more than any of the other races in our area, so it either comes down to the fact that you want to make more, or you wan't people to not complain.

Maybe I should ask this: What is it you want? You should already be making more than the other promoters from what I can tell. What is it that would make race promoting more feasible for you, if that is more profit, then so be it but what do you propose that every other promoter could implement to make it more feasible for everyone?