View Single Post
Old 09-25-15, 01:49 PM
DieterDrake

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you think we deliver less as compared to other races then you should REALLY consider not coming. Nearly 2500 participants disagree with you every year, incidentally.

I don't expect anything of anyone. If they want to participate, then the entry fee is X, which is generally what 2500 people are willing to pay and no more. If you aren't willing, then there is no fee - I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. This is the best form of "speaking up".

Look, I get it. You want to heckle me for being successful at what I do and for expecting to get paid for it. There's a certain crowd out there that feels empowered to do this with some regularity, meanwhile fantasizing for lower entry fees and high prize payouts. Great. I don't care. Those days are all but over, though. Don't blame me. It's not my fault. I'm just responding to market conditions and proactively taking steps to minimize costs for a business that only gets one or two weekends a year to get it right.

I try not to recommend to other promoters what they should and shouldn't do. It's really none of my business. Most of them take it the wrong way anyway and think I'm trying to take over their event. [sigh]

Last edited by DieterDrake; 09-25-15 at 02:03 PM.