View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 04:49 AM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Back in about 1979, Panasonic made their DX-2000 model available in a 28" (71cm) size. I sold a few of them then.

Anyone need a frame? I have a frameset hanging in my barn. It's a Nishiki Olympic or something. It's heavy chromoly, about 68cm. If so, email me at the address below. I can't ask for money in this thread, so you can reimburse me in tires.
Panasonic made a 71cm. Anyone have one? Most people discount the Panasonic bikes, but in reality they made some very nice bikes like the Team Europe, Team Europe II, Team America, Team Japan, AR-6000, Titainium, and PICS. For most of those think Centurion Equippe if it wasn't made by Cinelli, but was still as good. Absolute bargains in the C&V world that can be found dripping with Campy or equivalent components and with low miles. Panasonic didn't jump off the page as a high-end bike, but these models were. You can find many old catalogs here:

History of Panasonic Bicycles | Panasonic Bicycles Virtual Museum

Panasonic bikes are the same company that makes Panaracer tires. The Pasela TG is a great lightweight clincher with flat protection. Many people use them on tandems. Still available in LOTS of sizes including 630 (27").