View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 12:40 PM
puddinlegs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calimtb
How do you know nba players could not become excellent gymnasts? I would bet that nba players would become a lot better at gymnastics than pro cyclists given comparable training for both groups.

Why do you keep comparing completely different athletic skills that aren't really transferable? A pro cyclist doesn't need to hit a 95mph fastball. Most probably can't. Michael Jordan wasn't even very good at it. Kirk Gibson was, and he was also an excellent college wide receiver who if I recall was in the NFL draft. There are no 6'4" world class gymnasts, and no, there are probably only a small handful of pro tour riders with strong enough upper bodies to do an iron cross, but they don't need to. Sure, NBA guys are great athletes, but with different skills more suited to basketball than cycling. I don't know why this is difficult to understand. If I were picking a major sport where the athletes might have the genetic stuff to ride a bike for money, it'd be soccer. And no, I don't think too many 1% cyclists would make pro soccer players, though I'm sure a handful of the Euro guys can probably play a respectable pick up game. Anyhow, life calls. I'm out. Argue on.