View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 09:21 PM
Baldy1953

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. As far as trusting , my wife is totally content to just pedal. Maybe we need to work on the "fit" a little more to keep her from shifting. I have already thought of dropping the seat just a smidgen to see if that stops the flex(wiggle).. I may have set it just a tad high and her hips are rocking. She did enjoy the first ride as all she had to do was pedal. We have to work on the communication a bit as anytime I changed the cadence or shifted, it startled her. Going to work on that.

Going to give it a fair shot at becoming comfortable for me. I ride a road bike and it sure is different!!

Another coule of questions. The tires are fully inflated at 45 psi. I know on my pickup there was sway from the tires. Do tandems have this happen also? That might be a contributing factor to the "wiggle".
On the cranks are the bearing a cassette style or loose like in the wheels? I lubricated the wheel bearings and there was almost no grease, so I am guessing the cranks are the same shape. Watched a video on how to lubricate. His had the cassette style bearings.

Guess I am going to have to learn to be a bike mechanic whether I want to or not. lol

It looks like I am going to have to replace the front deralliur (spelling) It is definitely bent and spent quite a bit of time adjusting on it today. Can get it to work on the 2 largest cogs up front, but will not go onto the bottom one consistently.