Old 09-30-15, 09:04 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3873 Post(s)
Liked 2,574 Times in 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by inventor
The means of propulsion isn't the sticking point, it's what's so great about the whole thing.

I’ve been proving you wrong for several days now.
Hardly. Proof would involve something convincing. Pretty much all the rest of us have the same realistic mental picture of how this thing would work. And "work" is being charitable.

I’m not aware of having made any excuses for myself.
You said that you don't have the resources, then later, the interest in actually building one. Are you scared that your contraption won't work as you imagine? Since you haven't found any prior attempts at a machine like this, the next step for a legitimate "inventor" would be to try to build one. That would show a little more conviction in your idea than just arguing with people on the Internet.

You said: „I'm interested to see how people with impaired balance are going to be coaxed onto a contraption with a sliding platform on top of two wheels...“ In response I provided three arguments showing why such a person might consider riding a URB even if standard bikes aren’t an option for him. This has nothing to do with hoping or imagining anything.
Sure it does. None of those "arguments" are going to steer someone toward your contraption, plain and simple. They already have better options.

Until you have a real-life demonstration, this is all imaginary! That is inarguable.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498