View Single Post
Old 09-30-15, 11:01 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,826 Times in 1,709 Posts
Snohomish to Bryant and back on the Centennial Trial yesterday. 50 miles. All ready for Saturday's Manastash Metric Century in Ellensburg.

Starting point:

Not the only one out enjoying our early-Fall weather:

Scozim's got his vintage road grader, I've got this vintage steam shovel

A bit different rider POV shot:

Blue sky, green trees and grass - gorgeous

Lake Cassidy and vintage Davidson

Saw three of these guys sunning on the trail:

Shadow-rider:

Turnaround point:

Pretty cool day. I ended up helping Jocelyn, a girl coming back from an overnight camping ride up to Bellingham, on the trail. She'd damaged her rear rack when she went through a trail-bollard and her ground tarp caught one of the bollards. After 30 minutes we got everything back to normal and went our separate ways - but not before I suggested she get down to Recycled Cycles to get some maintenance done! Wow, I couldn't begin to count the issues with that bike - and still find it hard to believe she got to Bellingham riding it.

Later on during the return leg, I met up with Mark who was intrigued by my old rig. We rode about 15 miles of the return together, kinda pushing each other to Snohomish. That was fun!

Once the ride was over and I was loading back up in Snohomish, who should drive up and say howdy but RogerM and his son Thomas. They were heading home after soccer practice. It was nice to quickly catch up with both for a little bit before we all had to go our separate ways.

DD