Old 09-30-15, 12:01 PM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
It really depends on the shop. The shop I deal with buys a few high end road bikes (Bianchi, Felt, Orbea) to see if they will sell, but they stock the Bianchi and Orbea that are the lower to mid range of the price spectrum. Sometimes they clearance a bike if it has sat for a couple years, and sometimes that bike sells new.

I picked up a 2013 Orbea Orca 60cm frame with the 105 10 speed groupset for $1700.00 which to me was a great deal. I have since changed pedals, saddle, chain, and rear cassette, but I plan to keep the bike for a long time or passing it down to my oldest son.

If the deal was good enough and it was what I wanted I would buy a bike from a bike shop floor that was a few years old just to save money, unless I needed or really wanted the latest and greatest in technology. I don't need electronic shifters, and I am not light enough for the carbon wheelsets.

I would like to add that my saddle I purchased for 1/2 price (Selle Itallia Flite Kevlar)at $100.00 as it had been hanging on the shop wall and not sold; this saddle is probably a 2012 or 2013 model.

Last edited by dagray; 09-30-15 at 12:07 PM.