Old 09-30-15, 06:46 PM
onuraybar

Bikes: 2013 FELT F75

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think there's a huge downside to buying an older model. I had my choice of newer models vs a year older and actually ended up buying a 2013 Felt F75 last month. I tried a bunch of bikes out and this particular bike just felt the best so I bought it. Simple as that.

They actually pulled it out just for me to compare against the Trek Domane and Scott CR models I was testing out and it was the most comfortable, had better components and the price was significantly discounted. They offered to order any model in for me to try but I was really happy with the bike and bought it. It was also my first road bike purchase so I was looking for a deal anyways.

Also, being in business making consumer products as a manufacturer in my daily life-there are times where we have old new stock that is 100% fine to sell and we do happily offer it to our distributors and retailers at a discount, which they in turn can pass onto their customers. That very well could have been the case with my Felt. Maybe the distributor or manufacturer had stock and the LBS picked it up and it just worked out....

I say go with the bike that feels the best regardless of age. As long as the price is right and you feel good about the purchase, why not?

Last edited by onuraybar; 09-30-15 at 06:50 PM.