Old 09-30-15, 07:44 PM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack

So my questions are: Is my friend correct that the 1 day license is just a one time thing? If so, do I need to buy a license for the 2015 calendar year and then again for 2016? Or do the licenses run 1 year from when you get them?
No limit on one day licenses. The licenses run for the calendar year. My suggestion would be to buy a 2016 and do the one day till then.

[h=2]One-Day Licenses[/h] Competitors who do not have an annual license can purchase a one-day license when registering for their event. Such riders do not become members and may not enter championship events. Riders that purchase a one-day license are entitled to the USA Cycling accident medical coverage for the event day the license was purchased for and limited to only the cycling activity of the event. All medical coverage is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy(ies).

One-day licenses can be purchased when signing up via USA Cycling's online registration system or on-site. Events that don't use the USA Cycling registration tool may require on-site payment of the one-day license fee.

For road, track and cyclo-cross events, riders may purchase a one-day racing license for $15 and be permitted to enter races open to men’s category 5 or women’s category 4.
For mountain bike events, riders may purchase a one-day racing license for $10 and be permitted to enter races open to category 2 or category 3 riders. Riders must hold an annual license to race as a category 1 or Pro racer.
[h=3]One-day License Fee Rebate[/h] One-day license fees from road, track, cyclo-cross and mountain bike events may be applied toward the purchase of an annual domestic racing license (two non-competitive one-days may be used, not to exceed $15).

The one-day license must have been purchased within twelve months of the annual license purchase. For annual license applications that are mailed to us, the one-day license must be attached. Members can deduct the $15 for road one-day licenses, or $10 for mountain bike one-days from the $70 domestic racing license fee.
To receive the refund for an annual license purchased online, the one-day license application must be mailed to USA Cycling and a refund will be issued. Only one discount per adult annual license per year will be granted.