Old 09-30-15, 09:05 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
The two are very similar. The bike you are thinking about, the 10th Anniversary is a '81 bike (I guessed '80 looking at it, but Fuji America started in 1971), the Touring Series V is virtually the same bike 3 years later. Differences that I can see: the V has a triple crankset and the Anniversary a double. The V has a 6 speed freewheel, 14-28 and the Anniversary a 5 speed, probably also 14-28. (The seller says "12-speed, ie 6 cogs but I only can see 5. I am sure these are not the original wheels. The original wheels would have had SunTour's then fairly new narrow Winner 6-speed freewheel.) The Anniversary almost certainly had 27" wheels (but could take 700c no sweat if you wish. I have done it many times on similar bikes.) Shifters on the V are bar-cons, not down tube. The seat on the Anniversary in not original nor is the post (and both are a BIG step down from the originals. The derailleurs are different probably in part because of the double to triple change. Also SunTour's Mountech derailleurs didn't exist yet in 1981. (A plus for you. I think the V series are better.)

The Anniversary is sized at close to 22" (56 cm) c-t, or maybe just under. The V pictured is close to a 23 1/2" (59 cm), also maybe just under. This is by eye, but I have eyeballed quite a few.

The seller of the Anniversary does not have a clue. (Well, he saw the "12-speed" on the chainstay and I hope he got the serial number and his phone number right.) There is nothing on that bike that measures or is spec'ed at 26". Nothing.

Ben - just a guy who assembled and raced Fujis in the late '70s, loved them and always looked when I was in a shop that sold them. (And rode and still ride Sugino and SunTour equipment. Sugino and SunTour were both Fuji partners in the '70s and '80s. Fuji had the newest and latest from those two manufacturers a year before anyone else. We were selling full Superbe Fuji Pros in 1977.)