Old 10-02-15, 07:08 AM
johnyguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timtak
I am happy with that verb. Sorry 69chevy.

I am really happy with my bike.

This morning I went up another local hill and created a strava segment for it. At the moment I am KOM because only my results are showing. This is part of a longer segment to the very top of the hill (through a rather long tunnel that I didn't want to traverse) so there should be a few others competing. Aha, other riders are showing. A guy called Yamamoto thrashed me. I'm "Timothy Takemoto (50)." Currently 2nd of 14 and putting out more watts presumably mainly because the other riders are thinner. Japanese road bikers tend to be mighty thin.
https://www.strava.com/segments/10554512

Hi Dan. If I can get hold of a trainer or rollers I'll post pictures but for now, on my way down the hill I videoed the descent and find that I can see my form as my shadow once I get back on the flat in the second half of the ride. YouTube says that it is going to take another 10 hours to upload.
I am chanting the nembutsu (name of the Amida Buddha) occasionally as is my want.

My hands did used to get numb occasionally before I got the advice about putting my saddle level here about a year or more ago. It is pretty level now. Now I hardly put any weight on my hands for a lot of my ride, when I am in the front of the drops, and my hands do not get numb on the hoods.

I bend my elbows in the front of my drops. My bike does not force anything on me, other than it is difficult to sit upright like a Gran Father.
That looks dangerous on the open road no?