Old 10-02-15, 05:53 PM
ParkingTheBus

Bikes: Multiple GIANT bicycles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
3 years? Just because you are on a MUP parrelling the road doesn't give you the right of way when entering the roadway.
Actually, I do have the right of way. It's clearly stated in the Highway Traffic Act and on the dozens of signs posted along the road.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
It does seem like it's the mouth breathing knuckle draggers who cause a lot of problems for cyclists.
I don't mean to stereotype, but it's always the same type of person. Either some 30 something year old miserable looking lady or some obese middle aged guy in a pickup truck. Always a white van, pickup truck or sports car.

Originally Posted by corrado33
My housemate "confronted" a truck driver who made an illegal left turn and cut him off on his bike.

The truck driver beat the crap out of him.

(Housemate got it on video, cops were called, truck driver ran, license plate number was on video, I'm assuming driver got arrested, haven't asked.)

This is one of the reasons I 1, don't confront drivers, just shake my head and keep riding and 2. carry a pocket knife with me at all times. Fists vs. knife = knife wins unless redneck truck driver knows any sort of martial arts, which is highly doubtful.
Not to be cocky, but I guarantee that unless the person is trained in some sort of martial art or packed with muscle, they won't make a dent. Not to say that I go looking for fights, but when people almost kill you, it's hard to control yourself. I usually just yell at them or give them the finger. In the event that somebody actually attempts to touch me with their fists, they'll get a deserved beating.

This is why I'm quitting road cycling. I'm only going to commute and transition fully into mountain biking (which I enjoy more). Too many idiots and crazy people on the road. I don't want to deal with that crap.