Old 10-03-15, 08:04 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
Liked 1,725 Times in 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by erig007
I was talking about securing the saddle for that there are other cheaper solutions. For everything else i don't find this lock secure enough but that's me .
Well, that's a much more reasonable statement than the inaccurate and misleading one you made earlier, and I shudder to think of the lockup risks you face. Cutting titanium with manual tools is just about impossible, and the Bicycling article above demonstrated that attacking the inox TiGr cyclinder lock with a hand saw took more than 4 mins without success. Maybe with big, honking 42" bolt cutters the wider TiGrs could be nibbled into submission, but again, if a thief standing around doing that, or breaking out motorized tools like an angle grinder are real risks for you, I get that, and in such a scenario, I personally wouldn't be very interested in Getting into trying to make my bike impervious to theft, because we all know that's impossible, and would rather ride something that wouldn't hurt too badly to lose. But, how far you're willing to inconvenience yourself to fight a losing battle is the decision we all have to make when securing our bikes, and thankfully lock makers offers multitudes of options for various proclivities.