View Single Post
Old 10-03-15, 05:58 PM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well, I finished. Though I walked up the two steepest parts. But, I easily climbed the first big hill. In fact I got up with so much ease, I may have gotten overconfident. :-( The weather was perfect. Cool in the morning and even when the sun came out, it wasn't overly hot. Coleman Valley was just brutal and I cramped up while climbing which is why I got off to walk it a bit. I wasn't able to ride every hill but I rode most of them. and I fought through the cramping to finish. My goal was to get it done in under 6 hours. I finished in 6:33, but ride time was under 6 so that feels good. It was 4,000 feet of climbing, the most I've ever done by far in one ride.

I rode along highway 1 by the coast which I've never done but always wondered if I could so that's cool. And Bohemian Highway down to Route 1 was a blast of a descent, the most fun I've ever had on a bike. I think I'm going to take a couple of weeks off now. Thanks for all your input, advice and support. I thought about a lot of it the whole ride.