View Single Post
Old 10-04-15, 12:13 AM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jofu
Congrats! So you did the Medio? I did the Gran today, and boy did it kick my arse I think I was over-confident in my climbing ability... I'm by no means the fastest guy out there (flat or climbing!), but I've been doing Mt Hamilton and Mt Diablo many times now with reasonable ease, and exactly 2 weeks ago I tackled the 10,000ft Haleakala in Maui (which was awesome by the way!). I felt they were all easier than the 100-miler Gran. Actually, according to Strava's calorie-burning estimate, it indeed was, by far! I completed it in 7h43m, with 6h45m of riding.

Geoff
wow great ride. You probably hammered by me on the way to the finish. It's a tough, tough ride. I did do the Medio. I have actually ridden as far as Camp Meeker on Bohemian Hwy before but I've never been able to ride all the way to the top. Today, I killed it. And felt so good after, I thought maybe Coleman was doable but the cramping surprised me. I drank a lot before and during the ride but it was so cool in the morning, that I may not have been hydrated enough. It cost me on the bigger climbs.

Did you hear about the rider who died today on one of the King Ridge descents? He lost control on a downhill and crashed. He was only 54. Very sad.

Last edited by shyonelung; 10-04-15 at 12:18 AM.