Old 10-04-15, 11:44 AM
ParkingTheBus

Bikes: Multiple GIANT bicycles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakes1
Where you live you don't ride the sidewalks huh?

Than why did you say this in this very thread?
"Where I live, road cycling or even commuting isn't even an option. Nobody rides bikes and those who do, ride on the sidewalk"

You are a liar and a joke bud. On top of being too scared to ride on the road in your own words. Harsh, but if you are going to straight out lie and try to call me out what do you expect?
I truly feel sorry for you...

I navigate my way through the city on side streets and MUP's. I mean, if you were actually paying attention and didn't pick and choose, you'd have seen that mentioned ITT. Reading comprehension not even once.

Originally Posted by MMLC
I agree with your view on MUP's. You can't ride an MUP and get upset when it crosses a parking lot entrance and cars enter that parking lot.
I consider myself an 'old guy' being 53 and was using the "served in Korea" as a reference point for the guy's age, I see no offense there. Being the cyclist you are I would figure you would have tougher skin and not be offended at such reference.
I totally agree with you. I give cars who are making a right turn space and stay behind them. My problem is when people speed up in order to make a right turn or attempt the turn with me within inches from the crossing... This happens all the time even as a pedestrian. Again, it is clearly outline by numerous signs and in the Highway Traffic Act that you must yield to pedestrians and anybody else using the sidewalk/multi use path. I'm not even approaching these entrances at a high rate of speed...

We can agree to disagree here... Fact of the matter is, road riding is just the same. Take the lane? The driver behind you will just attempt to overtake on a hill or speed up to right hook you at a stop sign despite me yelling and giving hand signals. There's some crappy places to bike in North America and I think I live in one of the worst.

Last edited by ParkingTheBus; 10-04-15 at 11:53 AM.