Old 10-04-15, 07:27 PM
LoriRose

Bikes: '90 Bianchi Grizzly, '91 Look mi70, '99 RM Hammer Race

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To the OP, I feel your frustration. I am (luckily) in a very bike-friendly city, but it is not without its ignorant motorists. As a person with little tolerance for stupidity, I have to constantly remind myself that there is no sense in getting worked up over these incidents. But when I experience an almost constant onslaught of close-calls on my 20 minute commute through downtown wherein I have the ROW and am obeying the law, I too want to go smashing stupid people in the head - or at the very least direct a bunch of colourful language at them. We are human beings, we have our limits. The best is when the same driver almost hits me twice in a row for the same reason, usually hooking me. It really astounds me how clueless some people can be. Most days are not like this though, just every once in a while I will have a day with an unusual amount of idiots. On those days I try to remind myself that most days are good days. I wish you more good days and hope that it gets better for cyclists where you are.

btw - I lived in Oakville for a short while years ago and I can just imagine how scary it would be to ride on some of those roads.