View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 01:36 AM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyBoyAz
Congratulations on your metric! I like the sore and tired feeling after a Gran Fondo day. I sleep like the dead and don't move a muscle, because it hurts too much
Thanks. I was completely wiped out today. Not necessarily sore, although my knees were a little painful when I got up but only the very first few minutes when I first got out of bed. Haven't felt any twinges sincek. But overall I felt, well the only way to describe it is like I was getting a cold or flu maybe. Throat a little sore, a bit groggy, cramping in my stomach and, weirdly, irritation inside my mouth. I spent the day chilling, ate a good but light breakfast and lunch and drank a ton of water, by itself and also with Emergenc-C. Most of the symptoms are gone, although that weird feeling in my mouth is still there. I'm thinking it's probably not related to the ride but has anyone else experienced this? I usually have a pretty intense workout on Monday morning with a trainer, but I'm taking the day off. I was thinking of taking a bit of time off from riding, but I might go for a brief spin on Tuesday. The best part of the ride on Saturday was remembering why I love being on the bicycle so much. It was starting to feel like I'd lost thar, and it's nice to have that back.