Thread: 6-hour workday
View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 07:16 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
First things first, knowing some Swedes on the internet....this isn't actually law. This is one party parading an idea it has had for decades.

Don't pack your bags.

Originally Posted by Wingsprint
Meanwhile in the US.....

The "40-Hour" Workweek Is Actually Longer -- by Seven Hours

This article is from last year but I am willing to bet the average hours worked in the US is still going up.

Add in longer commutes and the "always on call" job related email, text and calls (24-7-365 in some places) and no wonder people are so burnt out in this country. I know people who have actually received emails like the following-

"Hey Bob, I know you are on vacation this week but I need to know blah blah blah by Thursday. Hope the cruise is great. See you Monday. Dick"

Things are getting worse in this country.
Thing about the 40-hour weeks is that tons and tons of people were only working 39.5 hours/week for decades so their employer could dodge paying healthcare. With the ACA requiring healthcare for 30+hour/week employees, most all employers turned those jobs into 29.5 hour/week jobs.

End result being most people have not had even an 8hour/day job...and now most people don't have 6hour/day jobs either. Not because employers give two dumps about employees, but because they want to pay them even less.

Ofc, that presumes you are hourly. Salaried people tend to be paid for 40 a week and work 80.