View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 09:03 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Ekdog
I hardly think there are hordes of young Swedes flocking to the States to study when they can get a top-notch university education for free in their homeland. Unless they hanker for a lifetime of indebtedness or have rich parents, it would make little sense.
Exactly. I don't know, because I'm no economist... or mathmatician... as a matter of fact I don't even have a college education... but... let's agree that America's tax situation is better than Sweden's. Say a whole lot better... is it that much better to have only 30% income tax on 100G/yr. with six figures of tuition debt and either no medical insurance or $200/mo premiums and a $2K deductible. Or is it better to make the same `100G pay 50% even 60% income tax but have no tuition debt and no healthcare debt. I think the MILLIONS of homeless Americans that were kicked out of good jobs at the height of their talents and/or had a trivial medical issue turn into tens of thousands of dollars of debt.... the issue for them might not be something to ponder.