View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 10:09 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Interesting discussion, but I'm having a little trouble understanding what this topic has to do with carfree living.

Originally Posted by gregf83
Shorter workdays make commuting by bicycle more practical. I've enjoyed commuting in daylight hours the past 4 or 5 months. Not looking forward to riding in the dark
And to extend this tenuous thread even further, I'm a salaried contractor, and for me a day off is when nothing is coming in the in-box. I actually would prefer a four-day work week to a six-hour day. One day less to ride the same old routes, and one extra day to explore elsewhere, including one more day for a long ride.

…Personally, I'd be happy to switch to 4 days/wk of work. Maybe I'll switch sometime in the next 5 yrs

…I'm all for short work weeks now but when I was younger and more ambitious not sure it would have been as attractive. The trick is to find something to do that's interesting and challenging - then it doesn't feel like work.
I am fortunate that way, and I’m OK with my five plus half dayx2 work week. And I have a great commute that gives me a destination to ride on weekends.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 10-05-15 at 10:17 AM.