carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by rumplex
Hi Carleton,

i want to combine Cycling and Powerlifting. What is a good Powerifting/Strength Program for that? Are there any good resources such as books or websites you like that you could recommend about that?

Thanks
I really try to shy away from offering programming advice...because for every question I'd answer the next question will be, "OK. Did that, now what?" and it will be never-ending.

Weightlifting and Powerlifting are very similar (more similar than different). It is very possible to train as a powerlifter and a cyclist.

There are LOTS of resources on Powerlifting as it is an old and popular sport. Track cycling is an old sport, but it's not popular, so there are very few training resources.

My old coach, Steve Hill in Atlanta, is a great weightlifting and cycling coach. He was also super fast (2x Elite Kilo National champ, multiple masters world championships). You'd need a coach like that to write you a program to do both.

Also, @Quinn8it competes at a very high level in weightlifting as well as being an elite track sprinter. He hasn't been around BF in a long time. But, he's proof that it's possible to do both.

So, to answer your question: There aren't any resources that can set a program for you that take both sports into consideration (they all assume that you are doing only one sport). You will likely either need to write your own program or seek the advice of a qualified coach.