View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 07:58 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,496 Times in 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
It's rude to play music on your bike that others can hear. It just amazes me that some bike riders are completely oblivious of how offensive it is.
Don't ever travel 1000mi west and ride in Iowa then. So many riders here listen to music, you wouldn't be able to function. MUPs paved in all directions and music playing all over the place.

When I am on roads, even in the suburbs, its difficult to even hear music from my phone's speakers. A Bluetooth speaker works well, but when at stoplights, even that is mostly drowned out even when on the loudest setting.
All that noise isn't coming from me. Noise happens on roads.
I agree that a cannon speaker booming out The Final Countdown at 120db is unnecessary and rude, but so is the car whose trunk is rattling bass like its falling apart. That just doesn't happen often. Rather, you can hear a song for 10-15 seconds at most as you pass a cyclist or they pass you. 200' down the path or road, you cant even hear the music anymore. If that's the worst thing to happen to you on a ride, feel blessed.