View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 08:15 AM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
For me and how I ride discs, rule. I mt bike year round, think snow, ice and slush. Giant man going way too fast down steep descents off road, yup discs work well. Commuting has those weather issues as well. No rims to grind away( 3 so far) or black ground up stuff to clean. While for some people in some areas, V's and canti's might work just as well. Discs are far superior for those 10% of worst case situations. Like mud, wet grass, slush etc. For those of you in FL and CA, you need not apply. Sunny and dry anyone? But now the case is mostly closed, how soon before EVERY bike comes with disc brakes? It has happened with mt bikes, ( awesome). Not even a discussion for fat bikes. Road and 'cross bikes are all ready there. I can't imaging running anything but disc where it rains all the time, say the PNW or England. Maybe some riders will take off their disc brakes, get some fittings brazed on and use some awesome v, canti whatever brakes. Or maybe some riders will just have to embrace the new technology for once. I'm now going to check my e-mail on AOL and watch Dukes of Hazard on my Betamax.