McBTC

Bikes: 2015 22 Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by boomhauer
...oh, I get it....

You got a problem with people that ride (tour) without a mileage goal.

I've had a couple tours in jeans without a helmet and no "goal". It's awesome!.....you should try it.

Nope, I don't have a problem. I'm not even talking about homelessness as an economic problem that has resulted in a loss of housing. However, you may be onto something when you talk about, goals. Having or not having a goal is perhaps something I am talking about without even realizing it.

The "bike" element comes into the discussion primarily because I am looking at those with a bike and no home and my observation that there seems to be more bums these days in the Cal-coastal cities that are popular among tourists and inarguably would be a nice place to live albeit expensive (ever seen the prices for a small old house in Carmel?).

For some, however, their home is much like a bike being the temporary home of a bicycle tourist. With a love of cycling and some experience touring over the years, my curiosity goes to the point of wondering if adding the element of a bike, just might in some way change the dynamic of homelessness... for the better -- e.g., change the way a homeless person (presumably someone in need) thinks -- which, obviously is not just about a lack of housing.

Wouldn't you like to think that simply giving a homeless person a bike would change their lives for the better? Unfortunately, that's probably all it is: a nice thought.