View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 04:15 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,590 Times in 1,436 Posts
Originally Posted by exmechanic89
Riding is about the ride, imo. ....... It's like they think that if they buy something really high end it will make them a better player/rider. It's a sad reality of the society we live in..
+1, It's always been about the ride. Bikes especially depend on the condition of the engine --- something that can't be bought. I see the "buy better to get better" attitude in all segments of sports, from biking to skiing to scuba diving (probably also golf and tennis, but I don't so I don't know). But hr attitude applies everywhere.

Knowledge, skill and experience are depreciated, and replaced with something that can be bought and sold.

As far as bikes go, my opinion and that of my small circle of riding buddies is that you buy a decent bike and put a good engine on it. You don't buy a better bike than the engine warrants.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.