View Single Post
Old 10-07-15, 03:27 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
I'd love to have access to the Salvation Army places you guys seem to find. I've been down there a few times and I've never seen any wool at all. The place is full of clothes, all of it horrible.

I've seen some long sleeve baselayer stuff on Amazon for $60 or so. What would you recommend to someone who's never owned wool before?

I need to do some experimentation because in about a year my company will be moving to 26 miles away and no showers.

Check out the Stoic brand longsleeve 150 weight baselayer at backcountry: Stoic Merino 150 Crew - Long-Sleeve - Men's | Backcountry.com I have two of them. They're great. Stoic is BC's house brand. If you pay attention you can get them on sale for less than $35 with free shipping. Well worth it.

As for no showers, I have a pack of unscented baby wipes in my office that I use after I cool down.