Old 10-07-15, 04:36 PM
quicktrigger

Bikes: Allez/Motobecane 427HT & Ti/Soma Custom Build

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by avidone1
I think that buying a bike for it's color is something a stupid girl might do. Notice I did not say "women". I said what I meant.
I know stupid girls who buy cars because they like the color.
Then they can't understand why it's broken down on the side of the road
What's far dumber is ASSUMING that the comments above supports the ASSUMPTION that the posters in this thread would buy entirely on color. Nobody said they would buy any blue bike, but they did say they would not buy a bike due to color. Those that like black/grey said it, and those that don't like those colors said the same.

But as dumb as that was, combining that with a sexist comment was even dumber thing to do. But I guess your own narrow view got in the way.

Lastly, if the color did not matter then why bother to paint them at all? Why have more than one color for all your bike brand? Why not sale bare metal bikes? Outside of Titanium, what bare metal frame bikes are available? Aluminum doesn't rust, and you could clear coat the steel bikes. Trek/Giant/Specialized etc don't go to the expense of painting them because they want to keep the paint manufacturers in business.

Those that claim the aesthetics don't matter, are woefully incorrect. Otherwise bikes would not be painted, there would be one style of sofa, bare metal cars, one style of car etc.

Last edited by quicktrigger; 10-07-15 at 08:17 PM.