Old 10-08-15, 07:12 AM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
In the course of the night rides the last couple of evenings, it seemed to me that I wasn't seeing the Egg as I passed in the darkness. I was focused on making time, though, and didn't think much of it. This evening, I started the ride early enough to reach the spot in daylight, and... the Egg is gone, without a trace.

Perhaps it's been added to the permanent collection of the Waldorf School or the Lexington Center for the Arts. Perhaps it was carried off by the Bad Boys, although they are seldom so tidy. Or perhaps it was raptured up by its creator. In any event, it had a 14-month run, if I'm reckoning the time correctly, and survived that miserable winter. Perhaps now its anonymous sculptor will gift us with another rustic mobile. Before the Egg there was the Pyramid; maybe he or she will weave us a hypercube next.

Continued on out the Minuteman as far as Bedford Street, noting as I turned around that the signs about the construction closure are also gone; you win some, you lose some.

rod
Rod,
When you go by will you please glance over just in case you are mistaken or in case it reappears? What else will go missing? I'll go check the bump in my driveway and my tax bill. Next time I brush my teeth, I'm going to look in the mirror to see if I am there.