View Single Post
Old 11-18-05, 07:59 AM
eyefloater
Me talk pretty one day.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The components aren't too good on the stock setup. You're looking at a Suzue Junior (BOO!) rear hub, no-name cranks, etc. If you're thinking of setting it up fixed, know that the Urbanite frames have a few braze-ons for routing cables. That may annoy you. They're also drilled for a brake.

I do know however that their frames come w/ a lifetime warantee, which is really hard to come by. You could pick up the frame from them and give them a custom parts list. That might be an option.

http://ucycle.com/bikes/framespecs.html <-- Geometry specs on all their frames. They run looong in the top tube. The fork ends are spaced at 130mm, unlike most track frames that are 120mm.

That straight blade fork is a nice option though - shiny.

As far as other options, You could try out the KHS Flite 100 (bit "trackier" geometry, same cruddy stock parts), Surly Steamroller (try for a low $400 and something price) or head by Cavern Cycles. They're hip to your FG jive and they have a few used frames always coming and going. I think they also sell IROs, which I'd go for in a second vs. some other new options in the same price bracket (www.irocycle.com). IRO just came out w/ the Angus - take a look at that one.