View Single Post
Old 10-12-15, 05:13 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I think 100 years ago, America was facing some of the issues of rapid economic growth that China is facing today: rapid industrialization, population movement to cities, and the desire to quickly attain the comforts and conveniences of modern life?
We're pretty much in agreement MUCH of the world is currently at... or approaching where America was at a century ago.

Originally Posted by Roody
Unfortunately for China, they are approaching this at a time when we know that such unrestrained growth isn't possible. There's no way the world can survive a billion gasoline powered cars in China, a billion more in India, and another billion more in other rapidly developing countries around the world. They're going to have to build in some other way--electric cars? high speed rail? "Matrix" type cybernetics? Who knows?
They will do as they damn well please.... unless we commit ourselves to kill them all. And even if that is what "fighting climate change" (that we hear about) actually does mean. We could very well loose such a violent conflict. But... apparently your all in.

In reality.... if you've never seen an omelet being made... it might appear overwhelmingly messy. I think Earth has a 3 billion years left in it. The planet will be fine.