Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Here's the thing, though, Machka. If you call an idea for innovation dark and depressing, you make yourself out to be a happy well-adjusted person, but if I argue the other position and call some idea that has materialized into the present as dark and depressing, you accuse me of being unhappy and maladjusted. You are simply biased in favor of the status quo against prospective innovations.
I am happy and well-adjusted ... and biased in favour of the status quo. I like my world the way it is. It is not dark and depressing. I'm happy here.

Sure, there are always little things that annoy us ... minor things which we feel could be changed ...
But in most cases I have the ability to fix those annoyances, or to make the changes myself, or to figure out a work-around ... or to make suggestions to those who do have the power to make changes with some degree of confidence that gradually, incrementally, changes will be made.

I do not see the need for a great upheaval. I don't want a great upheaval. For the most part, I like things the way they are.

That said, I don't fear change. My life has been a story of change. And the world will continue to change ... change is one of the certainties in life. But hopefully the changes will be good and positive and not dark and depressing.