Old 10-13-15, 07:45 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
I started several years ago now on 40cm. I'm now on 36cm and pretty happy with that. Several guys at my track are using the little 33cm bars and really liking those. Seems like narrower feels weird at first, then you get used to it and like it. Of course this is for sprinters. If you're a sprinter and you're not a really huge guy, I'd consider trying out something under 38cm. If you're an enduro, then someone else here can advise, but 40 is still reasonable because that set-up is closer to a road position generally.
+1

Originally Posted by gycho77
Thanks for your advice
Right now, I have a nitto steel B123(40cm)
I was asking this question, because i'm planning to get a track bike fit from "Bike line".
However, I'm not this will help a lot......
Do you think I should get a 38cm handlebar?
Sorry about asking you about bike fit again...
No worries.

A lot of people a little reluctant to get bars under 40cm at first. But, these days, even 38cm Easton EC90s are considered "wide". As BabyPuke suggests, if you are focusing on sprinting, go with something under 38cm.

To put this into perspective, I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders. All of my tshirts are XL or XXL and I ride 37cm Scattos and I have some 33cm Nitto B123s as well. My 38cm Easton EC90s (GREAT bars, BTW) feel super wide.

Take the leap of faith and get narrow bars. You won't regret it.

And, also as BabyPuke suggests: If you are focusing on enduro events (mass start, madison etc...) then go for 40cm. You can find road bars in 40cm. I know Fizik has made some for years (for jr riders) and I'm sure others do, too.