redfooj
pluralis majestatis

Bikes: a DuhRosa

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by calimtb
What's most telling however is rpen's original post. He is quite obviously underwhelmed. Now, the expenditure was hardly overwhelming ($500). However, given the bargain basement price, and incredibly low weight of the frame and fork, I would think he'd be thrilled with the price vs. performance ratio.
The more plausible explanation being that bikes dont propel themselves and thus dont have too much capacity to whelm the rider

I recently undertook a rebuild of an oft-neglected secondary bike. My primary ride is a personal favorite - italian lugged steel with period groupset.

The secondary bike was splashed with new components top to bottom. New set of carbon wheels, too. Frame wasnt 500$ chinese clone, it was a 3000$ 'handmade in california' carbon piece. Did this virtually new bike, with all advantages on paper to the steel one, provide a thrilling ride? No, it still rode like a bike. Albeit a lighter one when i carry it up stairs.

(Maybe someone with 400W FTP can ascertain the riding differences better than I...)