Old 10-15-15, 11:12 AM
calimtb
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aka_ricerocket
I was Going to buy a chinese copy of my Cervelo project california, to ride as my daily, but at that price point after being built id rather buy a used Brand name one that someone else loss money on.

I can honestly tell you that after owning a Trek Madone 5.9 then going to my Cervelo r5ca, the rear power transfer is a huge difference. every pedal stroke is solid and lurches my bike forward... It could be just the crankset and BB combo, but i'm pretty sure it has to do with how the carbon is lay'd up, and type of carbon used.

Because Cervelo has put so much into R&D into their bikes, they are one of the most copied road bikes on the planet. They were well ahead of their time when the R5ca was developed, and still to this day it stands as one of the lightest Frames in the world. at 670g

I'll be more than happy to give a china copy a ride and compare it to the real deal.

It seems like you and rpen agree already. Both of you have weighed the frames (the weights are identical for frame/fork I believe), and agree that the frames are exceptionally stiff, as per it's design and are great at power transfer.

Can either of you quantify this power transfer difference? As in average speed or faster times for rides? Just curious.