Old 10-15-15, 11:40 AM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Honestly I accepted your comments as obvious and sensible criticisms. No harm, no foul. Clearly there are compromises being made in a project like this. Distance to the supplier, lack of true provenance of the frame, lack of QC/QA guarantees, lack of lifetime warranty with a possibility of actually being implemented, the chance of a catastrophic failure, on and on. I get the criticism. But none of those potential issues rises to much importance (to me) when viewed through the lens of a hobby project, not just a bike to ride. Also I don't care about keeping a bike forever like some folks. I am happy to build a bike, ride it a while, sell it and move on to another. So things that would bother some folks, don't matter to me. I guess the best way to say it is "different strokes for different folks"

While unnecessary, your apology is much appreciated.
I second that. I have built 6 bikes in the past 5 years and currently own 2. Also bought 3 others already built that I no longer own. Do I have a bike problem? My wife would say yes. But I also enjoy building and projects in general as much as I enjoy riding. I also enjoy riding different bikes.