Old 10-17-15, 11:06 AM
BoSoxYacht
Banned

Location: take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it

Bikes: 07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rms13
I road my identical frame a couple of days this week and payed special attention to where and how it's stiff and compliant. My answer is it's just stiff. Stiff everywhere. I stand up and hammer up a hill and I can't feel any give whatsoever. When I'm cruising around in the saddle I do feel the road up through the saddle. It's not necessarily uncomfortable and certainly not buzzy but I can feel any road imperfection.
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
That's about right as far as I can tell.
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
As the miles pile up, my initial opinion is being confirmed. Great frame. Rides great except for a slightly higher amount of shock transmission up to the rider than I am accustomed to. Perhaps that is just the necessary trade off to get more lateral stiffness that I simply am unaware of and disinterested in. Dunno.
Your reviews are what I expected. Nothing bad about the frame in particular, it's just not the most comfortable. This is pretty common for very lightweight frames.

If the manufacturer uses a lot of Hi-Mod CF, less of it is needed to produce a stiff frame, so the result is a very light and very stiff frame.
The problem is that the frame isn't very comfortable, and is a bit fragile and easily damaged by non cycling-impacts.